Click your language to read:
English / Français / Español / Deutsch / 中文 / 日本語 / 한국어 / עברית / فارسی / العربية / русский / Azərbaycanca / Català / Česky / Eesti / Eλληνικά / Filipino / Indonesian / Íslenska / Italiano / Kurdí / Magyar / Nederlands / Polski / Português / Slovene / Suomi / Türkçe / Bosanski-Hrvatski-Srpski
The Autistic Collaboration Trust in collaboration with S23M Healthcare Solutions is offering in-depth education in the neurodiversity paradigm, the neurodiversity movement, and Autistic culture based on our lived experience.
All of our education courses are very different from education about neurodiversity in the language of the pathology paradigm – i.e. Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and other pervasive developmental disorders, which mainly frames neurodivergent people in terms of deficits relative to the current neuronormative culture, perhaps with a few special splinter skills thrown in for Feel Good Effect.
The neurodiversity paradigm
Education about the neurodiversity paradigm and intersectionality is not the same as education about neurodiversity. It answers an important question:
How does the mindset and language of the new paradigm differ from the language in the old paradigm?
- Introduction to the neurodiversity paradigm (3 hours)
- Exploring the neurodiversity paradigm (8 hours)
- Deep dive into the neurodiversity paradigm (15 hours)
The neurodiversity movement
Education about the neurodiversity movement builds on the neurodiversity paradigm. It answers three important questions:
- Why is there an urgent need for a paradigm shift?
- Who is involved in the shift?
- Who must learn from the neurodiversity movement?
- Introduction to the neurodiversity movement (3 hours)
- Exploring the neurodiversity movement (8 hours)
- Deep dive into the neurodiversity movement (15 hours)
Autistic culture and lived experience
Education about Autistic culture builds on the results of the neurodiversity movement. It answers three important questions:
- What is Autistic culture?
- How does it relate to other cultures?
- How does it relate to the neurodiversity movement?
- Introduction to Autistic culture (3 hours)
- Exploring Autistic culture (8 hours)
- Exploring Autistic culture, for paediatricians (8 hours)
- Deep dive into Autistic culture (15 hours)
Education about the many ways in which Autistic people are traumatised throughout their life by the social norms and “normal” living conditions in modern industrialised societies. It answers three important questions:
- Why are Autistic people severely affected by traumatising conditions and events?
- How to distinguish between Autistic traits and trauma coping mechanisms?
- How to best support highly traumatised Autistic people?
- Introduction to Autistic trauma (3 hours), under development
- Exploring Autistic trauma (8 hours), under development
- Deep dive into Autistic trauma (15 hours), under development