Members of the neurodiversity movement recognise neurodivergent traits – including but not limited to ADHD, Autism, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Synesthesia, Tourette’s Syndrome – as natural variations of cognition, motivations, and patterns of behaviour within the human species.
Below is a growing index of projects that are designed to progress the neurodiversity movement and to encourage the formation of new autistic collaborations and neurodiventures.
- A bullying alert system for neurodivergent employees
- Neurodiversity documentary 2020
- Neurodiversity celebration week
- A mosaic of autistic lenses
- A communal definition of autism that extends the LGBTQIA+ kaleidoscope
- #TakeTheMaskOff, an international campaign dedicated to masking
- Creating neurodiversity friendly work environments in the healthcare sector
- Seeding autistic collaborations, New Zealand and Australia
- Activism and protests by Autistic Inclusive Meets, UK
- Strengthening the local neurodiversity movement, Auckland, New Zealand
- Autistic innovation at the Dandenong Mechanics’ Institute, Victoria, Australia
If you are aware of further initiatives in any part of the world that should be included in this index, please use the form below to provide relevant details for inclusion.